Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Fact role of Ethiopia Election " I do not expect the 2010 election will be fair, free or democratic".

 Here’s an article by
 Dr. Negasso Gidada from EthioMedia.com.
Ethiopia: Opposition Has No Level Playing Field for Election 2010 (Negasso Gidada)
Current Political Situation Oromia in Dembi Dollo Area


Former President Dr. Negasso Gidada, now a member of the Forum for Democracy and Dialogue opposition coalition. He is the only independent Member of Parliament.

I visited Dembi Dollo, in Qelem Wallaga Zone of Oromia Region from September 18-28, 2009. During my visit, I tried to gather as much information as possible on the current political situation. I was unable to hold public meetings because the local administration was unwilling to cooperate. I therefore tried to meet as many individuals as I could. During the 10 days, I talked to over two dozen individuals, including cadres of the OPDO/EPRDF, business leaders, community elders, government workers (teachers and health workers), local qabale officials, vacationing university students, church leaders, private professionals, NGO employees and members and supporters of the OFDM.

This descriptive analysis summarizes and focuses on a few major issues. My general conclusion is that the OPDO/EPRDF totally controls and dominates the local political arena, and therefore, there could be no level playing field for the opposition in the Dembi Dollo area. Unless the situation changes dramatically in the next few months, I do not expect the 2010 election will be fair, free or democratic. The first step in correcting the current situation is by appointing well trained election officers to different levels of the election administration.

 by gadaa media
OPSF - polictic review.

No comments:

Post a Comment